Hello My Name Is.....

Hello my name is…..

Regret, stupid, mistake, loser, ugly, fat, defeat

For many people the labels we wear in our hearts about who or what we think we really are can be completely debilitating. Many are self-created for no real reason at all while others are the result of false assessments placed on us through the ignorance and meanness of others.

I am 46 yet in my head on bad day I can see very clearly the time as a second or third grader when in a moment of self defeat I etched “dummie” on  a brick outside the west side of our house. That moment and that word haunted me for years as not only did it continue to echo in my head but later I realized it would not come off the brick. I had created a false label. 

I think we all do this. We etch labels so deeply in our hearts that we just can’t seem to remove them. Then for some to feel better they transfer these labels to others in an effort to feel better.  I know way too many people that hate themselves and then in turn spend too much time pulling down the world around them.

I will be taller by making those around me smaller.

As Matthew West so successfully reminds us in his song we are not in many cases who we might think. Do not believe the lies. You (and I) have been placed on this world for a reason.

You can and will make a difference for your future. You can leave your past behind.

Hello
Person of influence
Successful employee
Go getter
Loving parent
Devoted spouse
Faithful servant of God


It is wonderful to meet you. 

What is your label?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make money work for you

A life well lived

“You have bigger boobs than me”