Hello Senior Year


Well here we go. It is the start of the senior year for Conner and of course I know it will go by fast. It is almost cliché to talk about how time flies but these 17 years have gone by in a blink of an eye.

I am little reflective now thinking back to the parent I have been for him. Regrets? Yes I do have some and can think of many ways I could have been a better father.

I do not regret for a moment the choices we made to live our lives centered around being as good of parents we could and supporting our child with time together. Sure, Michelle and I could have thrown everything at climbing the corporate ladder and chasing stuff. The result may have been a bigger house, fancier vacations and newer cars. But at what price for these things? 

They mean nothing if it leads to a debt of regret for missed opportunities in the short 18 years we got to spend time with this great guy. 

Having lost our father's at young ages, Michelle and I both have fully understood the privilege of being mom and dad.  

I know in my heart that Conner has the foundation he needs to be a success. I am not talking success in career necessarily. Yes he has big dreams in that area. I am talking the area that really counts and that is success as a man of integrity and as a servant of God.


Thank you Conner for bringing so much joy to our lives. Your future is bright no matter where it is going to lead you. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make money work for you

A life well lived

“You have bigger boobs than me”